I know, I know, where did another year go?! Believe me, I know, I turned 50 this past year! Where did the last 50 years go!
As we flip to the last page on the calendar (with only a week or so until 2022, and who has a paper calendar anyway) we find ourselves surrounded by holiday decor, and I am reflecting on what 2021 was all about for me, and getting curious about my hopes and dreams for 2022.
For me, it’s important to dedicate time at the end of the year focused on looking back and being honest with myself, reflecting on times where I didn’t show up for myself, as well as celebrating what I accomplished or experienced that I am most proud of.
This dedicated time happens in nature. I plan it and hold myself to the time scheduled, it’s sacred time and space. I take a hike, alone, with no dog, no phone. I ask my heart and intuition to help me be present and then… I just hike. It helps me set the tone for the year ahead. It reminds me that I can take time for myself and slowing down is important, that making a mindful transition offers me clarity, insight, and compassion.
How do you transition into the new year? Maybe a walk in nature sounds good to you, or maybe you make a big plan for all the things you’d like to achieve. I’d love to know what’s important to you… call me and tell me all about it!
Maybe your plan is to just roll into 2022, or maybe you haven’t thought about it at all. I mean, the calendar is somewhat artificial, there are many cycles and we are consistently stepping into new moments, yet the new year does offer a powerful moment to pause and tune inward.
To support you in your new year transition, below are a few subtle shifts you may find useful, and even fun, as you bring 2021 to a close and welcome in 2022.
Trust that even the most subtle shift, when taken with intention and purpose, creates great impacts and can lead to lifestyle changes you crave. Trust yourself!
- Dance. Turn on your favorite 2021 song and dance. Dance like no one is watching! Let the music vibrate through your body, let it feel good and be nourishing! Here’s my dance and sing like I’m a rockstar song!
- Celebrate! Reward yourself for something you accomplished and are proud of in 2021. Recognize you are worth celebrating, and yes, you did indeed do your best in 2021. Here’s the link to something I am celebrating.
- Detox. Flush out all that didn’t serve you in 2021 and drink enough water today. Trust you are creating new healthy habits that you can take effortlessly into 2022. I add Doterra’s lemon essential oil to my water. I find its cleansing, purifying, and invigorating properties are uplifting and give me a positive boost throughout the day.
- Smile. Change your screen saver to your favorite 2021 picture… the one that makes you smile until your cheeks hurt. Let this be a reminder of what makes your heart sing. This photo is mine! They are brave and amazing co-authors in our book Sacred Spaces, Subtle Shifts for Mind, Body, Home Transformation. Each of them holds a special place in my heart, they are some of the most strong and gifted women I know! (12 other authors not pictured, but are equally amazing!)
- Declutter. Clean out 1 drawer or cabinet in your home. Throw out anything you don’t need, all the things you haven’t used in 2021. Embrace the feeling of a fresh start and carry that with you into 2022. (Nope, I’m not sharing a picture of my messy cabinet!)
- Connect. Call someone you have lost touch with just to say hello. I bet they are missing you too. Let this reconnection be a healing space for both of you. (Honestly… I am nervous to make my call too… but we can do this!)
- Give. Tip someone a little extra or make a donation to a new charity. Lean and feel into the gratitude for all you have. Here’s a charity I love and believe in.
- Pause. Try this meditation.
- Gratitude. Participate in a “gratitude exchange”! Spend some time thinking about what you are grateful for, then share your thoughts with a friend. Ask them to share what they are grateful for with you. Exchange complete! Schedule time with me here to do a gratitude exchange with me!
- Read. Pick up the book you keep meaning to start reading and prioritize time for you. Don’t have a book selected? I am excited for my book Sacred Spaces, Subtle Shifts for Mind, Body, Home Transformations to launch end of December, I’d love to hear what you think!
- Be kind. … to yourself! No matter what intention (big or subtle) you set for yourself, there will be moments, days, or weeks when you feel you miss the mark. Trust you can always begin again.
There are infinite subtle shifts you can create, so get curious about what shifts you can make to support and enliven your purpose and journey. If you would like to explore ideas together please reach out. One of my greatest joys is connecting with others and co-creating and curating their unique solutions.
Last, but not least…
Sacred Spaces, Subtle Shifts for Mind, Body, and Home Transformations will be available to the world on Amazon on December 30th!
I am honored to be the lead author of this book filled with passionate, talented, and wise experts that came together and offered their authentic stories and holistic practices. It’s filled with experiences and expertise that show you what is possible in terms of living a full, gorgeous, satisfying life.
Here’s a short video sharing my heart behind this book. I cannot wait to hear what you think about it.
I love watching my 1-on-1 coaching clients create subtle shifts (and some not so subtle) empowering them to live their best lives.
If you know anyone who could benefit from the support of a life coach or spiritual friend, please share with them my website where they can learn more about me and sign up for a free wellness consult with me. I also work for companies to deliver wellness, mindfulness, and yoga programs to their employees. Thank you for thinking of me if you know any companies that may be interested in my services.
Please don’t be a stranger, I’d love to connect with you!